Integration of the Pocketsphinx to Banshee


I was able write some C code and make the pipeline . But in the beginning

(Gst.Pipeline) Gst.parse_launch("gconfaudiosrc ! audioconvert ! audioresample ! vader name=vad auto-threshold=true ! pocketsphinx name=asr ! fakesink");

code didn't work in my Ubuntu 11.10 system as  there was a problem with "gconfaudiosrc".
Then I installed some packages and tried. It worked well.
Now I could make the GStreamer pipeline through C code.

Then I was able to implement make files getting the help of my Mentor Alex K. He gave me permission to commit to the community extensions of Banshee media player. So I created a branch called voicecontrol and committed the make files and the basic file structure. He guided me to learn the basics of the Git commands.

I implemented C# code and invoked the C functions and able to get a out put results. When I run the code microphone was listening and continuously detected the sounds and converted them to  text. In pocketsphinx it is using common language model . The accuracy of the speech recognition  a matter of Language Modeling.  If I have a limited set of sentences that I want to recognize, I need to follow the directions in Language Model How to documentation to create an improved language model.
I need to work more to implement a language model and to control the play back functions of Banshee media player.

I will be participating to GUADEC 2012 at A Coruna.
                                            

 I'm taking my flight from Colombo on 25th at 03.15 and coming to Madrid. Then I'm taking the flight to A Coruna at 18.30 from Madrid and will be arriving to A Coruna air port at about 19.50 . I will be glad if any of the participants can join me at Madrid. :) I even updated my details at Arrival Times .
I'm grateful to GNOME for sponsoring my travel all other sponsors that made this possible.

                                          
During the GUADEC  on 29th all the GSoc students will be giving lightning talks on their experiences working in GNOME.
I'm too doing the lightning talk on "Enhance the accessibility through voice control for Banshee ". In addition I'm looking forward to participate in a11yCamp at the end of GUADEC. I hope my first  time participation for GUADEC will be an awesome experience for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GSoc 2012 Final Report

Progress of the Voice Control For Banshee

Update Voice Control for Banshee